DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Who we are
Science Direct Ltd. (which may subsequently be referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’) is an Irish limited company registered at Unit 7 Monard Glen, Rathpeacon, Co. Cork, with registered company number 487807. We provide laboratory analytical services, and ecological and environmental consultancy services.
What personal data we collect
The personal data we collect and hold includes information required to identify you. This is primarily name, address, telephone and/or mobile number, and email address.
How we obtain and process your personal data
We obtain personal data from you directly. Some data may be provided by third parties, such as a water treatment or engineering business, where we have been requested to test a water supply by the third party on behalf of their client.
Our legal bases for using your personal data
When we process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for doing so. These bases are:
- Performance of our contract with you. When we undertake work for a customer, we enter into a contract to provide the services requested. We process your data in order to be able to provide the service that we agreed with you, including the preparation of reports, test certificates, invoices, etc.
- Compliance with our legal obligations. This applies notably to maintenance of financial records for compliance with Revenue requirements.
- Where you provide consent. We might, from time-to-time, request specific information from you in order for us to undertake market research. This would require your explicit written consent.
Sharing your personal data
Where you provide explicit written consent for us to do so, we will share your personal data with third parties such as water treatment engineers, health authorities and local county councils.
We may also share your personal data with statutory, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, as required by law.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long will we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary, including retention for required legal or regulatory purposes. Records of financial transactions must be kept for six years for compliance with Revenue regulations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us whilst it is being kept. Our computers are encrypted and all hard copies of documents are stored in locked cabinets.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
Your rights in relation to your personal data include:
- The right to know if your personal data is processed and to receive a copy of personal data held by us.
- The right to have your data kept up-to-date and for the data to be corrected if it is inaccurate.
- The right to have your personal data erased or to restrict our processing of your data.
- The right to object to certain legitimate data processing activities.
- The right to receive a copy of your personal data in a portable format, or to have such data sent to another provider.
How to exercise your rights
Please contact us by post or in person at our registered address (see first section above), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.